Sunday, February 3, 2008

Personal Anecdode

There need be more punishment for drunk drivers! I was in a car accident quite a few years ago, and it was horrible and horrifying. We were driving down a four lane highway and two cars were racing. The first car past, but the second spun out of control and hit the passanger side door where I was sitting. My head hit the front windshield and then bounced to the side window and broke it. Our car spun into on coming traffic and up a gravel hill where they were doing construction. The car began to tip, but for some reason or another fell back down to all four wheels on the rocks. I had to climb out the driver door once I finally came to, and fell to the ground once I finally crawled out. For we were hit by a drunk driver. As we waited for the ambulance the drunken woman let me sit in her car (ours had no power), as she was fumbling about trying to stash things under her car seats. In and out of consciousness this lady was trying to talk to me, as I was wheeled away on a strethcer. For the next few months I could do nothing, and was even kept out of school. Two years later I had emergency surgery due to this accident and nearly lost my eye sight completely in my right eye. What happened to this druken woman who was racing down the highway you ask? Yes, she did have to pay many fines, but because she refused a breathalizer she pretty much walked away with just a slap on her wrist. I'm finally over it now, but this woman took months away from my lifestyle, and then more months after my surgery.

No comments: